Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa Pics and Jaden's birthday celebration at school

The line at Nordstrom's Santa is almost always very long, but I really love the pictures that we get there, so back we go each year just like my dad made us go to the Frederick & Nelson's santa each year (same building as Nordstrom is in now). So Todd and I take turns waiting in line while the other one takes the kids to do something fun. I took the boys to see the Gingerbread house display again this year and it did not disappoint! Here the boys are standing in front of our favorite one, a tree house!


The front:
The back:
The details on all of these "houses" were very incredible, to see all of the different ways to use candy to form all the intricate details.


J's giving it 2 thumbs up!
Todd also took the boys back to Gameworks to play some games and then to have dinner while I waited in line for awhile. Finally, after a few hours of waiting (for Todd and I) and fun for the boys, they got to see Santa!

A family picture as well, I like that Nordstrom let's you take your own pictures as well as buying the professional picture.







The boys telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas (Jaden wants the Ewok Battle of Endor Lego set and Bryson wants the Super Mario Bros game for the wii)






I just had to show this picture as well of Jaden climbing up the ladder to help decorate our tree. I usually do the lights on the tree and most of the decorating, but since I was 8 months pregnant this year I couldn't climb the ladder. So Todd did the lights and Jaden and he decorated the top half of our tree.
Since I made Bryson witches hats for his birthday celebration at school, I wanted to find something unique to make for Jaden. I found this cute idea to make snowmen out of marshmallows which were painted with caro syrup and rolled in sugar crystals (although you cannot tell that from this picture). The hats are rollos, and I used sprinkles for the face. They turned out really cute! I stuck them into a piece of styrofoam to keep them from sticking to eachother.
Jaden working on his birthday circle at school.
Bringing the candle which represents the sun to the center of the circle.
My birthday boy with his half eaten snowman in his classroom.
Jaden's classmates enjoying the snowman treats:)


I just thought this video of the boys telling Santa what they wanted was so cute! They both didn't seem to remember even though they knew exactly what they wanted and we had rehearsed it!




No comments: