Sunday, December 12, 2010
Jaden's actual 7th birthday and a Christmas Party
This year we decided to get Jaden a remote controlled car for his birthday (all credit goes to Todd this time as he picked out Jaden's big gift this year). Jaden, of course, loved it! Todd charged the battery the night before so it would be all ready to go in the morning of his actual birthday (which fell on a Sunday this year), unfortunately it was pouring outside! No fun to get a new toy and not be able to use it on your birthday:( So Todd and I drove up to the covered playground at the nearby elementary school so Jaden could give it a spin!


Bryson really wanted a turn too, so daddy helped him out.
Immediately afterwards we went over to the Boyer's for their annual Santa brunch. Lots of kids excited to see St. Nick!
They all sang a few songs with Santa and then each sibling group got to go up and sit on Santa's lap.
Jackson and Brody visiting Santa.
Bryson and Jaden telling Santa what they would like for Christmas.

Santa also gave them some great coloring books (with a little help from Amy;)


A group picture of all the kids and Santa.
Santa even remembered that it was Jaden's birthday and everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him, so sweet of him and Amy to remember and celebrate his special day:)
A family shot (minus Jaden), I did not want to break Santa's leg with my 8 months pregant belly though so I was just crouching;)
After the party we picked up another cake for Jaden at Baskin & Robin's (his favorite Oreo ice cream) and that evening we had our family over to celebrate Jaden. Here he is reading his cards on the couch.
Nana and Jaden reading his cards.
I told the Baskin & Robin's guy that it was for my son Jaden who was turning 7 and this is what he put:
Of course, Jaden didn't mind! He just wanted to make a wish, blow out his candles and eat his ice cream cake!

In the evening I read the boys some Christmas books by the tree. I started a new Christmas tradition this year of wrapping up 24 books to count down to Christmas, the boys take turns unwrapping the Christmas books so that I can read them. It has been really fun and I think I will continue doing this each Christmas season.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment