Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Victoria, BC

This past weekend Todd and I took our 1st adult only trip since we had children. We left early Friday morning on the Victoria Clipper with our friends Brian and Danielle. We stayed at a beautiful hotel right on the harbor named the Inn at Laurel Point. Here are some pictures of our room:
This was the most comfortable bed ever, and was a reminder to Todd and I that we need a new mattress!
Photobucket
The bathroom
Photobucket
Photobucket
Todd and I on Brian and Danielle's deck
Photobucket
The view from their deck (for some reason I didn't get a pic. of our view which was of the inner harbour-had to spell it that way- and the city)
Photobucket
After checking into our hotel and settling in we went out to lunch and walked around the city. We also visited the Royal London Wax Museum on Friday afternoon. Here's Todd next to Superman (for Jaden since that is his favorite superhero):
Photobucket
That evening after going back to our hotel and getting ready for a late dinner we walked around the city and found a great restaurant/bar (where I ended up having quite a few tasty martini's:). Victoria is the most beautiful city at night, the Legislative buildings are decorated in white lights which outline the shape of the buildings.
Photobucket
Here's Todd and I on our way to dinner overlooking the harbour with the Empress Hotel behind us to the left
Photobucket
Saturday morning was great because we were able to sleep in (without little ones waking us up!), by the time we even made it to a restaurant we had to order lunch because they had stopped serving breakfast! Afterwards we went to the Royal BC Museum. It had quite an extensive collection of First Peoples, Natural History and Modern History Galleries.
A couple pictures that Todd took at the museum
Photobucket
Photobucket
We didn't even get to see everything in the museum, but after a few hours we were ready to see some sunlight! The rest of the day was spent shopping, exploring the city, eating some sushi and a spectacular late dinner at our hotel.
Todd and I in front of the Legislative buildings
Photobucket
Todd on the steps of the building (I loved all of the detail of these buildings and the copper roofs)
Photobucket
The inner harbour with the sidewalk vendors and the Legislative buildings in the background
Photobucket
Photobucket
At the sushi restaurant with our friends
Photobucket
Some pic's of our delicious dinner that night:
This was an appetizer of prawns with some crunchy stuff on the outside (don't I have a great way of explaining it!), plus Todd and I tried oysters for the first time!
Photobucket
Here's a pic of my dinner of noodles, prawns and clams, YUM!
Photobucket
On Sunday we tried not to sleep in as late and we went to a breakfast buffet at our hotel (I seriously probably gained 5 lbs. over the weekend from eating the most delicious food and desserts!). Afterwards we rented mopeds (even though Brian was a bit embarressed to be riding a moped, LOL!) and toured the island.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We drove all the way up to an awesome lookout on Mount Douglas where we had a panoramic 360-degree view of greater Victoria.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What a great relaxing, and romantic weekend. . .
Photobucket
. . . but we were also excited to get home and see our boys (who had a great weekend being taken care of by Nana and Grandpa Albert:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures and blog are so much fun to read! Victoria is a great place to go for a romantic weekend. Its the first overnight place that Dave and I went to and we loved it!! Looks like you guys had a great time too!