Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update on Bryson

I cannot believe it is October already, in just a few short weeks my baby will be turning 2!!! Speaking of Bryson, I thought that I would share a few of the things that he can do/say now. During the last 2 months or so I have noticed an "explosion" in his language development. He now has a fairly extensive vocabulary and can also put together 3+ word sentences. He is super polite and always says "Tay Too (thank you) mama" after I give him anything (without having to remind him). He will try to say almost every word that you ask him except his own name-he absolutely refuses to say Bryson or any of his many nicknames (Brycie, Mighty, Mighty B, Mite, Pite, Meister, etc.). His new sentence that Todd and Jaden taught him to say is (something they say a lot while wrestling), "You wanna piece of me!" It is super cute and when he says it he comes up and starts to pretend punch, I've got to record it! He also knows all of the sounds that animals make (which he has actually known for a long time). Here is a video of him at 19 mo. back in May demonstrating this!

Bryson still loves to be read to and can sit and look at books for a long time, he often brings books to me during the day and asks me to read to him. I am really enjoying my mornings with just him and I, even though we are often busy going to the Y (he goes to waterbabies on Mondays and I try and work out at least 4 days a week), grocery shopping, doing laundry/housework, and going to coop preschool on Fridays. It is nice to be able to have one-on-one time with just B and me. Although everyday he still asks, "Where JJ go?" and "Where Dada go?"

A few other things that Bryson loves:
The vacuum, he loves it when I vacuum and he will run into Jaden's room to get his pretend vacuum just so that he can help me.
The lawnmower: still obsessed with this although the lawn hasn't needed too much mowing lately.
Airplanes and helicopters flying overhead. Since we live near 2 airports we see a lot of these and he loves to point them out and can say the words pretty well.
Construction equipment: He is having a construction-themed 2nd birthday party b/c of this obsession! He loves to watch construction equipment, play with tractor toys, and read construction books. I found some construction equipment nearby and had an impromptu photo shoot the other day for his b-day invitations (he loved it!):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ash said...

Andrea, those pictures are priceless!!

I just love this age. Luke is on the tail end with just reaching 2 1/2. I told my hubby he's lucky I got "fixed." Baby urge is huge. You can keep your newborns, give me a 2ish kiddo any day.

And I always wonder what moms of girls talk about in the car - us it's "truck!," "digger!," "Jeep!"
(I smell post fodder). Maybe I am being a little sexist?

Michelle said...

He is adorable!! I love this age. Christopher just turned 2 last month, so we are right there with you (although he doesn't talk at all! I can't believe how much Bryson talks!)

Steph said...

Oh, I so miss this age!!