Two years ago today at 1:29 am I gave birth to a 10 lb. 9 oz., 21 in. long baby boy that we named Bryson Wayne (his middle name is after his Grandpa). His pediatrician said that he skipped 3 months because he was so big!
I decided to give Bryson a construction-themed birthday party (I am all about themed parties). The invitations were made out of a thin piece of wood and had a picture of Bryson on a backhoe on the back:

In the morning Bryson woke up to see his new tool bench from mommy and daddy and I also set the former train table up as a mini construction site:


I made his backhoe cake and lots of cupcakes the night before:




Bryson was still napping when his party started and he was surprised to see so many people when he woke up, so he just wanted his mama:

The kids had a great time playing in the construction site aka the playroom:

Jaden was super excited to help Bryson open all of his presents!



We were blessed to have so many family and friends help us celebrate our son's 2nd birthday! Here is Todd and Grandpa Albert (my dad):

Uncle Aaron (my brother) and his girlfriend Nicole:

Laura (not pictured is her husband Keith) and they are famous for giving our boys the LOUD toys--which they absolutely LOVE!!! This year Bryson got a play weed eater:)

Jeromy:

Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Jane (Todd's grandparents):

Other people who came but Todd and I either didn't get a picture of them or the picture was really unflattering and they would kill me for putting it up on my blog were: Grandma Annette (Todd's mom), Aunt Rachelle (Todd's lil' sister), Nana (my mom), Scott & JoAnn and their daughter Kailee, Laurel and Evan and their Grandma Susan.
Birthday cake time, Bryson tried really hard to blow out his candles!

Jaden, Laurel, Kailee and Evan enjoying cupcakes!

Before leaving each of the children got a Home Depot tool belt/apron that was filled with a flashlight, mini tape measure, paint brush, carpenters pencil, truck stickers and a few other goodies.
Kailee:

Laurel:

Evan:

Jaden:

and our Mighty B of course!:

After B's party Todd and I realized that we never gave Brycie his other present, we brought down his new bike and helmet and he was so excited!

I think Bryson had a great 2nd birthday:)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Amazing cake! And what a fun looking party with some great ideas!
Will you be MY mommy?
So wonderful!!! Great job Andrea!
Em
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!! You're an awesome party planner.
Wow that was some party. I love it. That was so cool. Happy birthday.
Hi Andrea! I am featuring your party tomorrow. Stop by and grab a featureed button if you like. Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party!
Here from Stephanie Lynn's party post... LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake, oh my goodness. Very cute details as well, such as the little worker aprons. Great job! =)
Thanks again so much for joining the Celebration Party! This is another wonderful party for your little guy! I love the cake - amazing job!
Post a Comment