Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dying Eggs and Thriftway Easter Egg Hunt

On Good Friday, I told the boys that we would dye our Easter Eggs. We talked about it quite a bit and Jaden reminisced about doing it in past years. Bryson didn't seem too excited and finally asked me around dinner time, "Why are we going to kill the eggs?" Too funny! Sometimes I forget how literal little ones are.

Here's the table set up all OCD style. I taped down waxed paper this year, because last year it took a month or so for the dye to come out of our kitchen table.

No harming or killing of any eggs here. . . oh except for the part that these could have been baby chicks had they been fertilized!
Bryson got really into it, but wanted me to do the dirty work. He enjoyed telling me which colors to dye them though.
Jaden was a pro, doing multiple colors on his eggs.
Todd drawing on his egg.

Fun little Friday evening:)
Afterwards, we enjoyed movie night and watched The Princess and the Frog.
The next morning we went to Thriftway for their annual Easter Egg hunt. Last year we couldn't find parking so the boys and I were 5 minutes late and couldn't find any eggs. This year we got there early! The boys waiting to go inside (these were taken with my cell as I forgot my camera).
Bryson and I headed to the freezer aisle while Todd and Jaden went to the produce. They hide tons of eggs and each child can collect 25. They even give away big prizes in some of the eggs. It is a perfect indoor hunt for our unpredictable Seattle weather.
Bryson finding eggs in the ice cream.
The boys with all their eggs.
We'll be back next year!

No comments: