Todd and I had planned on installing shelving in our upstairs storage closet after we built our house, but once we moved in it was just not a priority. This is the closet that I store all my holiday decorations, plus childhood mementos, extra toys (because I switch out toys), wrapping paper/bags/ribbon, lots of scrapbooking supplies, etc. I tried to keep it clean but it was hard since I had to just stack things, plus whenever a holiday came around it was a pain to pull things out just to get to the holiday boxes that I needed. Well with the whole bed bug carpet beetle fiasco I had to clear the closet anyway so I talked Todd into building some shelves.
The boys, of course, wanted to help.
Todd installing the brackets for the shelves. I helped with the level and telling him the height that I wanted the shelves.
Using the nail gun to attach the brackets to the center brace. Todd almost shot a nail through his finger on this part! Scary! He's usually super careful, but mistakes can happen. Honestly, I can use many power tools, but nail guns scare me!
Gramps came over to "supervise", since he built the shelves in our closet he is the expert!

The finished product! The shelf above Todd's head to the right is missing for 2 reasons: 1) we ran out of wood and 2) I realized that I have some extra tall items that I want to place there.
Now to sort through and move all this back in!
Empty closet with new shelves.
Closet filled:)


I've decided that this year I am really going to sort through my holiday decorations and get rid of ones that I don't use. I also would like to slowly switch over to plastic boxes, but for now this works fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment