Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a really nice Easter weekend this year, the weather could have been better but it is Seattle;) On Saturday I took the boys to 2 Easter egg hunts. The first was at Thriftway, by the time we found parking 2 blocks away (this should have been my first hint) and got inside we were 5 minutes late. Already there were NO eggs to be found. It was a madhouse! There were many signs asking parents to only let their children collect 20 eggs each (there were something like 50,000 eggs hidden throughout the store), but of course no one listened! Some kids had 100+ eggs in their baskets and J and B couldn't find a single one:( Jaden and Bryson were both becoming frustrated that they couldn't find a single egg and I was regretting taking them. Fortunately, some nice dad saved the day and started putting back some of his kids eggs:) Note to self: Get there early next year or don't go at all! Apparently some of the eggs contained a raffle prize for a chance to win groceries, a bike, a wii, etc. No wonder it was insane!
Since that egg hunt wasn't a big success I decided to take the boys to a local park for another egg hunt, and we showed up early this time;) The boys had a much better time at this one, since it was outside and not nearly as crowded!

Bryson wanted to open every egg that he found as soon as he found it.

J was on the hunt to try to get as many as possible (no limit here:)
Yes, that is a doggie doo-doo bag that Jaden is collecting his bags in (actually it is a bag for dirty diapers that I carry a roll of in my diaper bag). Silly Mom forgot to bring their Easter baskets to the hunt so I had to make do!
While we were out hunting, Todd was picking up some woodchips for the playground area. When we got home the boys were happy to go and help out.
Saturday evening Todd and I went to the Sounders game and Nana came over to babysit and dye Easter eggs with the boys.
Easter morning brought a scavenger hunt from the Easter bunny, with hints hidden in eggs throughout the house. They were very excited to find their baskets at the end of the hunt:)
J's new Mickey shirt to wear in Disneyland!
Bryson with his Wall E toy.
Jaden is a (soccer) basket-head!
Watching Pinnochio (which came in J's basket) with Daddy on Easter morning.
We hosted Easter dinner this year, here's the kiddie table:)


We were so happy to have the Boyer family over for Easter this year. Amy, Tom, and their sweet boys Brody and Jackson.
Brody, J and B eating some dinner.
After dinner we had an indoor egg hunt (since it was pouring outside). Jackson found some eggs!
Bryson searching
Jaden showing off his loot!
Brody (in green) and Jackson loved the Smarties:)
A picture at the end of the night of my dad (Grandpa Albert) riding down the steps with Bryson--so funny!
As I was getting Bryson's pajamas on that night, he asked what the words said on the front of his shirt. I told him that it said, "I (heart) love mom". He replied, "No it doesn't! It says I yuv (love) Grandpa Albert!" So sweet:)

No comments: