Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a lovely Mother's Day this year, got to sleep in (a favorite of mine), sweet gifts from my boys and lastly my wish was to get my porch plants potted and my porch cleaned up.

This is the sweet present Jaden made for me at school. It is a pink heart-shaped necklace made out of paper and glitter:) It came packaged so fancy in a hand-made box and bag decorated by my sweet firstborn.
Bryson made me a tissue-paper book mark and adorable crayon-melt heart card:) I so love these sweet hand-made gifts from my precious sons!
Todd got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

My porch all complete with pots planted!

My other Mother's Day gift was finishing up this project. I bought the pavers, soil and plants and my awesome Dad/Gardener assembled it. I love the way it turned out and it will look even better when the different groundcover plants spread to surround each paver.


Our yard is a definite work-in-progress and each year we accomplish a little bit more. I feel like our front yard on the south side is pretty much complete (I'm sure there will be a few changes here and there over the years). I have so much to do still on our side and back yard, but a little progress each year is what we try to accomplish! The only other items on my major yard to-do list this year is to build a few more raised garden boxes (for more raspberries and blueberries) and to build a stone paver area for our garbage/recycling area on the side of our house (much like the one I built for the boys' sandbox last summer).

No comments: