Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break

Saturday, March 28th was the official start of Spring Break for the boys. There was a puppet show fundraiser for Bryson's co op, so I took the boys to it in the morning while Todd started yard work. Here they are in front of the fire place before we left. The puppet show was great, and Bryson especially got excited to see each puppet (I just know he is going to be so excited to see the characters when we go to Disneyland in a few weeks:).
J and I at the show (the rest of the pic's turned out too blurry!)
On Monday morning we took Bryson to his first big-boy swim class at the Ymca (he did great even though he kept telling me on the way there that he wanted to go home). In the afternoon we went down to Alki beach to visit with Todd's cousin Morgan and her 3 sons (the older 2 are the same ages as J and B) who came from Spokane to visit for a week.

(L. to R.) Bryson 2 y. 5 mo., Jaden 5 y. 3 mo., Peyton 5 y. 7 mo., Baby Fisher 8 mo., Cameron 2 y. 4 mo.
The boys had so much fun playing together and got along really well!


On Tuesday, I took the kids to the aquarium. Unfortunately (for us members) they were doing a free promotion so it was CRAZY busy!!! Jaden and Kailee were such great helpers keeping Bryson in sight (he is at that fun, darting 2 year old stage!).
We also stopped at the candy store on the waterfront and the kids got to pick out there own bags of candy. I let them each have a few pieces and then we saved the rest for the movie Hotel for Dogs that we went to see at the Admiral Theater after Bryson's nap.

On Thursday, I took them to Whirligig at the Seattle Center. It was FREE day so they got to go on all the bouncy houses for free, but it also meant that the lines became quite long. They each managed to go on about 6 bouncy houses each. Here they are in line:)
B coming down the slide!
After nap/quiet time the kids wanted to watch the movie Space Buddies.
And I made them strawberry shortcake as a treat.
On Friday, I took the boys to the Museum of Flight.

I decided to purchase a membership there because we had so much fun. We only saw about 1/3 of the museum, and the boys had a fantastic time looking at all of the airplanes. J especially liked this car plane.
B strikin' a pose with his aviators on.
Jaden took this picture of the planes overhead in the Great Gallery, so cool to see!
They got to ride in a Blue Angels plane.
We also went over the bridge to the Airpark and got to tour an old AirForce One, and the Concorde. My battery had died in my camera by then.
Todd left town for Friday Harbor for the weekend to go to his friend's birthday party. On Sunday, the boys and I (and Nana too) started some seeds. We decided to start with flowers and then wait a few weeks and then start some vegetables.
Here's J watering the soil disks (not sure what they are actually called!).
Bryson wanted to get in on the action too, so Nana helped him.
Afterwards, I took the boys to my dads (Grandpa Albert's) house for a bike ride. We were blessed with a beautiful and sunny weekend. After naps I took the boys down to Sunfish to get some Fish & Chips and then we had fun playing at the park and kicking the soccer ball around.
I had such a great week with my boys that I was sad to send Jaden off to school on Monday:( I can't wait for summer when I can have them with me all the time!

3 comments:

The Alexander's said...

Sounds like a wonderful spring break!! Your kids have the freakin' cutest clothes. Make sure you pass some of those down to Zane :) ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Like I said on Facebook, I'm spending next spring break at your house! It sounds SO fun!!

Boyer Family In Seattle said...

So refreshing to read about a Mom that is happy to have her kids home from school:) What a fun week!! Lucky boys & lucky Momma:)