Friday, February 27, 2009

Date night

With my favorite 5 year old! On Thursday, I took Jaden to go see The Lion King at the Paramount Theater. I took the boys downtown that day to buy tickets and they happened to have great seats for that evening's performance. So we bought the tickets and then I went and rented the movie so that Jaden could see it (he had never seen it) before we went.

I had heard that the performance was amazing before going but words cannot express how awesome it was! We were on the floor 14 rows up from the stage next to the aisle and during the opening sequence several actors dressed as animals came right by us including a HUGE elephant and baby elephant too! The music was incredible as well, it gave me goosebumps while watching it!

Some of the fondest memories of my childhood was going to see musicals with my mom. I remember going to the Paramount and 5th Avenue Theaters and seeing The Sound of Music and Annie. I also remember seeing Peter Pan as a child and was so impressed by how Peter Pan flew out over the audience. It was so fun to finally be able to take one of my children to see a great musical performance!

Here is my handsome boy all dressed up outside the theater.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
J in his seat right before the security guy told me I couldn't take pictures in the theater. . .Whoops!
Photobucket

No comments: