Sunday, January 25, 2009

Night Skiing

Yesterday Todd and I took Jaden night skiing. We arrived around 5, ate some dinner and hit the slopes. Jaden was nervous about the ski lift at first, but did fine since the lift operators helped to lift him up onto the seat. He always rode the ski lift with me (it was just a 2 person lift on the bunny slopes) and Todd rode separately since he was snowboarding and I could help Jaden off easier. The first time skiing down he fell a ton and didn't want to try again but I wouldn't let him quit. His 2nd time he fell about 4 times and still didn't want to try again. I told him after 2 more runs that we would take a break and go inside for hot chocolate. His 3rd time he only fell once and really figured out how to turn properly. His 4th time he never fell, turned awesome, pizza-stopped well, and even did some speed skiing, he was hooked! After the hot chocolate break by the fire we had only planned on skiing 2 more runs, but Jaden kept wanting to ski more and more. We ended up skiing until 10 pm and probably did a dozen runs altogether! Since he was born I have been dreaming of the day that I could actually ski with him, I hope that he always enjoys this sport because he is my lil' ski buddy now:)

Photobucket

Here's a video. It is poor quality as it was dark out (although it looks like it was orange out).

3 comments:

Aracely said...

My goodness that seems totally dangerous and totally fun. I'm sure he will love it, because you are his ski buddy.

The Alexander's said...

Yeah for Jayden! That is awesome! What a great family tradition!!!

Michelle said...

Ooh! I always thought night skiing looked so cold! Where do you ski? When I was growing up in Washington we used to go to Crystal Mountain.