Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Resolutions

We have been taking it easy after the holidays around our household. My New Year's resolution was to try to complete some projects that I have wanted to do since we finished building our house back in February of '05. It is actually a resolution for both Todd and I since there are many household projects that I need his assistance on. The first weekend in January we spent some time cleaning out and organizing our unfinished basement. We also took a huge load of items to Goodwill. I truly cannot believe how much we have collected since moving into this house and right now I am all about scaling down and getting rid of things that we don't need or use.

Here's a list of projects that we are going to try to work on during these chilly winter months:
-Finish the basement (obviously our biggest project). Last year Todd and Gramps put in most of the electrical and plumbing, and worked on some more framing. Now we Todd and Gramps are going to get a tub/shower combo this weekend and install it. Next will be to do a little more electrical, plumbing, and some framing around and in the bathroom. Then we will have it drywalled!!! Then comes all of the finishing work (tile, wood molding around doorways and windows, kitchen cabinets and appliances, doors, painting, carpeting, etc.).

-Paint the fireplace mantle in our master bedroom. Sadly this was installed when Bryson was 3 months old and I never got around to painting it! Here's a pic of our awesome Gramps working on it:)
Photobucket

-Hang wallpaper in our laundry room. I bought a wallpaper border for our laundry room when we were building our house and I still have yet to hang it. My dad (the expert wallpaper hanger) told me that he will come over and help:)

-Sand and paint armoire that I bought at a garage sale this past summer.

-Hang mirrors in our master bedroom and bathroom

-Buy and install cupboards in laundry room and put up the great drying rack that my dad got me for my birthday this past summer

-Hang HUGE shelf above our entertainment center

No comments: