Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple pie

One of my favorite fall treats:) I love to bake and have made quite a few apple pies recently (because currently Gramps apple tree is overflowing with apples) and Jaden especially has been gobbling the pies up! Last week Bryson helped too.
Here he is using the apple peeler/slicer/corer thingy that I couldn't live without!
Photobucket
All of the apple slices with some sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
Photobucket
and, of course, a little lemon juice and zest.
Photobucket
Usually I make my own crust, which is the part that takes the longest! But I was lazy and decided to use store-bought crust. I always put a mixture of heavy whipping cream and sugar (warmed in the microwave) on top of the crust.
Photobucket
I brush it on and it makes the crust taste so much better!
Photobucket
The finished product:
Photobucket
Yum!
Photobucket

I just have to tell about my favorite cookbook. My dad bought this for me a few years ago and it is the best cookbook. I love all of the tips in it, the pictures, the way it is organized and divided into sections. It has some very delicious recipes that are easy to make.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks seriously good! I'm not sure if I would have the patience for all that apple peeling and coring though. What kind of apples do you use?

Andrea said...

I don't think I properly explained I have a gadget that peels, cores and slices a apple by just turning a crank (it is the one that Bryson is using in the 1st pic). I would not make an apple pie without it! Not sure on the exact variety of apples but they are very tart! Sometimes I will use a mix of granny smith and gala though. . .

Stacey said...

That looks so good and I don't even care for apple pie.