Then it was my group's turn to catch the bus, I was with 2 other teachers and about 20 children. The bus came on time and we got on, the front was filled so we started to move towards the back. We were in the articulated part of the bus and I was helping to direct the preschoolers where to sit when the bus took off with a lurch! My big 7 month pregnant body flew back and halfway landed on a seat and a couple kids. I felt so bad to fall on those kids (fortunately they weren't hurt) and also very embarrassed as well! I got up as quickly as I could, but I was in a lot of pain. I had already been having some bad sciatic nerve pain as it was, I didn't need the extra pain of falling on the bus. The articulated area of the bus had no hand rails, so it was an especially bad place to be when the bus took off and in my opinion it shouldn't have left until the preschool children were seated anyway (which would have only taken another minute or so). I got to the school and told my boss, Angela, that I couldn't stay. I went home and called Metro to complain (they never did anything) and also called and made an appointment with a PT.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Pardoned Turkey Assembly
Our school was one of only three schools in the nation to have the Presidential pardoned turkeys come visit. Since we do not have a gym, we all met up at a local community center to have the assembly. During student families the kids made turkey hats, here is Bryson showing off his:
Some of the 4th/5th grade students (my class until baby arrives) sang some songs about turkeys.
We watched a slide-show which got VERY long for the younger kids (and some older ones too, yawn!)

Jaden in his turkey hat.

All of the kids got to walk by the turkeys for a closer look.

The assembly went well and afterwards we staggered groups to catch Metro buses back to school. I helped by watching the kids at the park and Bryson happened to be in the group, so I called him over to me to give me a hug. He started to walk over to me but stopped abruptly and told me that he couldn't leave the woodchips because his teacher said to stay on them! I was about 8 feet away on concrete! I just wish he would listen so well at home:)
Then it was my group's turn to catch the bus, I was with 2 other teachers and about 20 children. The bus came on time and we got on, the front was filled so we started to move towards the back. We were in the articulated part of the bus and I was helping to direct the preschoolers where to sit when the bus took off with a lurch! My big 7 month pregnant body flew back and halfway landed on a seat and a couple kids. I felt so bad to fall on those kids (fortunately they weren't hurt) and also very embarrassed as well! I got up as quickly as I could, but I was in a lot of pain. I had already been having some bad sciatic nerve pain as it was, I didn't need the extra pain of falling on the bus. The articulated area of the bus had no hand rails, so it was an especially bad place to be when the bus took off and in my opinion it shouldn't have left until the preschool children were seated anyway (which would have only taken another minute or so). I got to the school and told my boss, Angela, that I couldn't stay. I went home and called Metro to complain (they never did anything) and also called and made an appointment with a PT.
Then it was my group's turn to catch the bus, I was with 2 other teachers and about 20 children. The bus came on time and we got on, the front was filled so we started to move towards the back. We were in the articulated part of the bus and I was helping to direct the preschoolers where to sit when the bus took off with a lurch! My big 7 month pregnant body flew back and halfway landed on a seat and a couple kids. I felt so bad to fall on those kids (fortunately they weren't hurt) and also very embarrassed as well! I got up as quickly as I could, but I was in a lot of pain. I had already been having some bad sciatic nerve pain as it was, I didn't need the extra pain of falling on the bus. The articulated area of the bus had no hand rails, so it was an especially bad place to be when the bus took off and in my opinion it shouldn't have left until the preschool children were seated anyway (which would have only taken another minute or so). I got to the school and told my boss, Angela, that I couldn't stay. I went home and called Metro to complain (they never did anything) and also called and made an appointment with a PT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment