Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Projects

I have so many household projects and goals that I would like to complete before the baby arrives in February. Not sure I will get to all of them though!

I bought 4 of these corkboards over a year ago on clearance at Target. I knew I could use them somewhere someday and since they were only $2 a piece it was very reasonable! I liked the color of them but didn't really like the words on them. I decided that I am going to use them in Jaden's room so I wanted them to match the stripes in his room.
I got out the leftover paint that I used to paint his stripes, frog-taped them off and painted them. Two of them will be green, one will be navy blue and one will be red.
I also plan to make some pushpins out of Legos so that Jaden can tack things up. Will take a picture once I finish and hang these.
I made a new wreath for our door. I had a fall wreath but it was looking very sad this year, I decided to make a Halloween style wreath. I had a black feather boa and knew that would be perfect and easy to make a wreath. I bought a metal wreath form and wrapped the boa around it. I then realized I needed 2 boas! So I bought another boa and finished it. I secured the boa with a little wire so that it wouldn't unravel.
I bought a little black crow from the $1 store and stuck him right in the wreath.
He blends in so well, you can hardly see him!
Super easy and cheap Halloween wreath!
I am also painting some faux pumpkins to go on our porch. I got this idea off of a blog that posted a picture of stacked (real) painted pumpkins. I want my pumpkins to last year to year so that is why I am using fake!
I sketched out a tree design and then started filling it in. The above picture will be the bottom pumpkin so I cut out the stem. I will glue them together and also take a drill and drill little holes all over it, so that the light will shine through.
Hopefully it will look something like this on our front porch:)
I have had this eiffel tower lamp for years! It never quite looked right in silver though and I have been meaning to paint it for awhile. I taped and covered up the cord and socket and took it outside to prime.
I also primed 2 more fake pumpkins that I bought at Goodwill.

After priming the lamp, I sprayed it with some oild-rubbed bronze. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! Way better than the silver and the lamp shade matches better too! It looks black in this picture but it is actually ORB (oil-rubbed bronze;)
I sprayed the pumpkins with chalkboard paint, repainted their stems white, and then wrote out messages with my chalkboard pens.

I also sent out Bryson's birthday invitations. I had them printed at Costco, backed them with coordinating cardstock and bought some cute envelopes to match.

One other project that I worked on this fall was (finally) building the brick patio on the side of our house where the garbage and recycling cans sit. Todd brought all the bricks up to me and I layed them in place on the sand. I need to get a picture of the finished project and post it!

I have so many more big projects coming up. I need to redo the guest room as Bryson's new room. Turn Bryson's room back into a nursery. Touch-up Jaden's room. Plus I have ideas on how I want to improve the laundry room, loft area, office, kitchen, living and dining room. Obviously, most of these won't get done before the baby arrives, so I will work on them afterwards!

No comments: