Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DMB


Todd's cousin Barrett and his wife Lisa have gone to the Dave Matthew's Band concert at the Gorge with friends for years. Todd and I have discussed joining him in the past but never went as it is always on Memorial Day weekend and we used to go the Lake on that weekend for the last hurrah of the summer. When he told us that this may be our last chance to see the show, we decided we better finally go!
Here's Todd and Barrett hanging out at the Gorge campground.

Todd well stocked and ready!
We learned a new drinking game too (I took pictures) all taught to us by Wazzu alumni!
I believe it was called "flip the cup". You have 2 equal rows of people and when it is your turn you have to drink your beer and then set the cup on the side of the table and flip it until it lands on it's top, then the next person can go. The line to finish first wins!
Todd's turn.
He was amazingly good!

Todd and I in front of Todd's truck, which was also our bed. Just like back in the day when we used to camp under his canopy instead of in a tent.

We stayed at the Gorge campground Friday night, saw the concert on Saturday night and drove home on Sunday.

Here we are at the concert!
Todd's expressions crack me up in these pictures:)
The sun is setting, almost time for Dave Matthew's Band!


The only somewhat decent picture that I got of the concert.
Todd the next morning.
The Gorge campground. This was definitely an interesting thing to experience! Although we have seen many concerts in the past at the Gorge we had never actually camped there (we either stayed in Vantage or Sun Lakes). There were definitely some unusual folks and I was glad that we were in the back of Todd's truck and not in a tent. There were 2 girls who flew in from Boston that had a tent right next to us and apparently some drunk guy stumbled and landed on their tent in the middle of the night. That would have freaked me out!
Me on our last morning.

No comments: