Thursday, June 18, 2009

The zoo and some funny things

The first official Monday of summer vacation was beautiful so the boys and I decided to head over to the zoo. We took the wagon with us this time and it worked out pretty well for hauling the boys and our things.
Checking out a hut in the African village.
A peacock was in the African savannah, showing off his fine feathers.
Then we saw the largest, non-flying bird: the ostrich!
Jaden getting a closer look at the animals.
The lions were cuddled up together and sleeping, we waited for a few minutes to see if they would move but they seemed to be really enjoying their cat nap.
Posing on the lion statue.

"This way to the penguins!" says Bryson
One of the reasons we were looking forward to our visit, was to see the new penguin exhibit. It didn't disappoint!
The penguins seemed very happy in their new habitat.
Next we stopped for lunch and then moved on to the zoomazium. Here are my little baby birds about to hatch.

Drumroll please!
The boys always have so much fun exploring this great indoor playground. It was not busy at all since it was so nice outside.


We saw a few more animals and then moved on to the family farm. We can't leave the zoo without a "ride" on the tractor. A favorite since Jaden was a toddler:)


I wanted to write down a few things that the boys have said to me recently that I thought was funny/cute before I forget!
Bryson: (while at the park up on a climber looking down at a high ladder) "This looks like dangerous!"
Jaden: As I was putting Jaden to bed I was rearranging the pillows that Todd had put on his bed and I said, "Sometimes Daddy doesn't realize how we do this." To which Jaden replied, "And Sometimes Mommy doesn't realize when I wanna give her a hug. Come here you!" So sweet!
Bryson: (while petting my leg) "I feel the beard on your leg Mama!"
Guess it's time to shave!

1 comment:

The Alexander's said...

OMG those sayings are freakin' hilarious!! Good thing you wrote them down!!