Sunday, May 10, 2009

California/Disneyland trip part 2

Update: I finally fixed the slideshows!

On Thursday morning I had scheduled our character breakfast for 9:10 am so we got the boys up, dressed and loaded the stroller with extras (jackets, clothes, swim shorts, sunscreen, hats, diapers, etc.) and also packed a cooler full of drinks, sandwiches and snacks. Bryson rode in the stroller and Jaden attempted to walk but was too tired (from the day before;) so he rode in the jogger above the front wheel (where Bryson's feet would normally rest, which is something that we have done before many times). We were fairly close to the park and Todd was getting tired of carrying our 40 lb. cooler so I suggested to strap it onto the handlebars--BIG MISTAKE! When we arrived I noticed that something wasn't quite right with the stroller and Todd noticed the wheel looked bent (it was actually the frame part that holds the rear wheels). It turns out that 80 lbs. worth of children and a 40 lb. cooler plus extras=broken jog stroller! Whoops! Fortunately, Disneyland rents strollers (a life saver!)

We had a great Character Breakfast that wasn't crowded at all. The food was quite good (something Todd and I weren't really expecting), and it was so great to see the boys faces light up everytime a new "character" came around. A slideshow of our breakfast.

Tigger dancing for us (with the boys) was definitely a highlight!

After breakfast we went to rent strollers and while we were there a marching band went by and I captured this pic of Bryson marching too.

After renting strollers and a locker (to hold our heavy cooler;) we went back to Fantasyland to go on some more rides. Here's Bryson ready to go on Mr. Toads Wild Ride.
Todd and Jaden on the ride!
A Small world again, since the line was super short.
They loved the Mickey suckers!

This ride has been updated to include some "boy" things now, I remember my brother never wanted to go on it since it was all dolls. Jaden and Bryson loved it though and spotted new things each time we rode it!
Next we went over to Mickey's Toontown (Krissy I knew not to ask for a Tigger stuffed animal here!)

Bryson is way too cool for Toontown.
Actually they both were!
J in front of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon spin (a ride that I had never went on before).
Some more Toon Town pics.



We went on Gadget's Go Coaster (a kiddie roller coaster) and I told Jaden the "rules" for riding on a roller coaster: Hold up your hands and scream! J loved it, Bryson not so much, lol!

After going through Mickey's house the boys were so happy to meet Mickey himself!

Chip and Dale's tree house.
Tarzan's Treehouse in Adventureland.

Lunch time (uncrustables and juice boxes for the boys:)

After lunch the boys quickly fell asleep on our way to California Adventure. Here's a pic of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, which really looked real at first glance (until you looked up and saw that it was a backdrop).
While the boys slept, Todd and I took turns going on some adult rides in C. A. like the Tower of Terror and California Screamin'. Once again, the single riders pass was the way to go, we both got on the rides within minutes! Here I am on California Screamin' with some random people!
While Todd was on this ride, Bryson woke up and I was asking him about Disneyland and he said, "We not in Disneyland we in California Adventure". Didn't realize that my 2 1/2 year old who was asleep when we switched parks would realize which park we were in! Apparently I was mistaken. . .
Here's a video I took of B while waiting for Todd.

When Jaden woke up we decided to split up because Jaden wanted to go on the Toy Story 4D ride again. So I took Bryson over to "a bug's land" so that he could cool off in the water area.




Then Bryson and I went to see a live Playhouse Disney show, which was super cute and Bryson really enjoyed it.
Jaden in line for the Toy Story ride with his 3D glasses.

We met up again in "a bug's land" and went on some more rides.
Then found this fun water feature which Bryson and Jaden had a blast running through.

Then we went back to Disneyland and found a great spot for the parade. I saved our spot while Todd took the boys on the Buzz ride again. When they got back we ate dinner (more sandwiches and snacks from the cooler) and I took the boys shopping for their toys. Jaden chose a Buzz Lightyear spinning toy and Bryson chose a watch. Here's Bryson on Main Street excited for the Celebration parade to begin!


A slideshow of the parade.


Another fun day at "the happiest place on earth!"

The next day we went to the beach. We started out at Newport Beach but it was quite windy and chilly so we only stayed there awhile and then drove North to Huntington Beach which is one of my favorite SoCal beaches!
The boys at Newport.
B and I on the pier.
This is what the boys had fun doing while Todd tried to fix the stroller with man's best friend: duct tape!
Here's his handiwork. . . unfortunately it didn't last long. . .
J at Huntington, we were so glad it warmed up!


No comments: