Sunday, December 21, 2008

A December to Remember!!!

I haven't updated in a few days and that is because we've been having a blast in Seattle's winter wonderland. Last Tuesday Bryson and I went to several stores finishing up Christmas shopping, stocking up at Costco, and delivering Christmas gifts to Jaden's teachers because the weather-people forecasted a snowstorm to come on Wednesday. They were wrong. The snow came on Thursday morning, and boy did it come! It snowed heavy throughout the morning and Todd's office ended up closing (as did Jaden's school) so it was a snow day for all! I thought that the best way to post about the Snowstorm of '08 would be to document it with a day-to-day account:

11.18
Jaden was so happy to wake up to snow this morning and was even more excited to find out that it was a snow day and that school was canceled! He rushed downstairs to open his playmobil advent box and was thrilled to receive his knight. Here he is helping Bryson open his advent box.
Photobucket
The snow outside of the playroom.
Photobucket
It looked just like Bryson's Playmobil set of Winter in the Woods (minus the furry friends of course!)
Photobucket
I don't think that I have shown the Playmobil nativity set that Jaden got for his birthday. I even love playing with it, all the figurines are so cute!
Photobucket
Of course we had to try Jaden's knight out in the snow.
Photobucket
We took the boys out in the morning and let them play in the snow and then do some sledding out front. Grandma Annette came by and watched us go sledding on the great sled that she got us at a garage sale this summer. She even tried it out!
Photobucket
Bryson LOVES to eat snow!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Grandma Annette and Bryson watching JJ and Daddy go sledding.
Photobucket
Then our neighbors Erin, Jon, Laurel and Evan came over and we all had fun sledding, having snowball fights and throwing snowballs to Barnes (their dog:).
Jon and Evan sledding.

Photobucket
Erin braving the hill.
Photobucket
Jaden throwing a snowball. We were so happy that we just bought him this snowball maker from Target, it has come in handy the last few days! My only regret is that I didn't pick up a snowball gun at Costco when I was there on Tuesday!
Photobucket
Ready. . .
Photobucket
aim . . .
Photobucket
. . . fire!
Photobucket
Barnes the snowdog.
Photobucket
Afterwards we all came in for some hot cocoa and home-made chicken soup. Laurel and Jaden had fun playing with the Playmobil toys together, and Evan and Bryson took turns riding and pushing eachother in the play grocery cart!
Photobucket
That evening Jaden and I went outside to view our winter wonderland at night. I love the way Christmas lights look in the snow!
Photobucket
Jaden on our front porch.
Photobucket

11.19
Friday was another snow day (it was Jaden's last day of school before winter break and it was supposed to be a half day anyway:). Todd's office was closed again (although he still was able to do a lot of work from home). We all walked up to Annette's house in the morning to get Todd's truck (he had parked it up there so we wouldn't be stuck) to go to the grocery store and stock up on a few more supplies as we heard that another snow storm (with possible high winds) was supposed to show up on Saturday afternoon.
Jaden with his snowball maker and Bryson with a shoehorn;)
Photobucket
Demonstrating how to make a proper snowball. We actually discovered that the snow was extremely powdery and dry (even more so than Thursday) so the snowballs didn't always stick together. Yet another unusual occurance for Seattle, when we get snow it is usually very wet.
Photobucket
Todd pulling Bryson on the sled.
Photobucket
Whew! We all made it to the top of the HUGE hill!
Photobucket
Todd taking the boys for a spin!


More snowballs in front of Grandma 'Nette's house. The boys stayed with their Grandma while Todd and I ran to the store.
Photobucket
We picked the boys up and drove back down to our house and then went over to our neighbors (I always want to write their last name b/c that is what we call them, but don't want to put that out on the internet! I shall call them the P's) for a delicious lunch of shredded chicken tacos and rum eggnog (for the adults:). Afterwards we took the kids outside to build a snowman but quickly discovered that the snow wouldn't stick together enough to make one:( So we had a makeshift snowball/powder fight!
Bryson licking the snow on our way to the P's!



Bryson and Evan, the mitten-less boys
Photobucket
Evan was happy to not have a snowman because he got to eat the carrot!Photobucket
My little snow boy. . .
Photobucket
throwing snow at Mama!
Photobucket

I will post about our weekend in the snow tomorrow, as it is now very late! It is currently snowing so I think we will be adding even another few inches to the foot of snow that we already have!

1 comment:

The Alexander's said...

I love the video of Bryson eating the snow while riding on the sled...priceless!

We are having a snowday at home today. Josh's work was closed and there is now way I was going to attempt a 25 mile commute in the snow with Zane in the car!!

Have fun.