Sunday, January 31, 2010

House Projects and Other Stuff.

Exciting title huh?

I have been super busy working on all our house projects and other resolutions on my list. I have cleared out the front closet (and got rid of a bunch of coats that we never wear), went through all my extra decorations in the cupboards on the bottom of living room shelves, went through most of the kitchen cabinets clearing and decluttering, and reorganized our entertainment center even the top of it! Our kitchen and bathroom cabinets our actually naked right now as the cabinet company came back to collect them and refinish the front of the lower cabinets doors and drawers. The finish on the top of several of them had started to peel away from water damage, we didn't realize that we were supposed to apply a wood oil to the front of the cabinets at least once a year. Whoops! Fortunately, Todd works closely to the contractor who recommended the cabinet company so they came and did all this work for free!

I also went through the kids toys and got rid of a bunch of junk. I bought some round wooden circles, had gramps help me drill two small holes into them, spray painted them black, labeled them with a white paint pen and attached them to some new and existing wicker baskets with white ribbon to reorganize our toys in the playroom. I wanted it to have a chalkboard look, but without letting my kids easily wipe the labels away! That drives me crazy, LOL! I also attached a few to the wicker baskets in our entryway.

I still have a lot left to do. I want to work on our master bedroom next. I have been putting off finishing our bedroom since we moved into our house. I have lots of plans, one of the first steps is to paint the bed frame, dresser and mirror frame black. I started to paint an armoire (that I bought almost two years ago at a garage sale) to put in our room but the black is not a true black so I am going to sand and start all over with a paint/primer in one which I found on a blog that is supposed to be fabulous. I also want to reorganize our closet, finally paint our fireplace mantel white which was put in 3 years ago, build and hang some shelves and make some art work for above our headboard. To finish off the room I want to buy a new duvet cover and a chaise lounge that I have been coveting from IKEA. So excited to get these projects underway!

I also need to list a bunch of stuff on craigslist! I am finally ready to get rid of all most of the baby and toddler things as well as a bunch of other items that I have been meaning to list!

In other news, the boys have been getting along fabulously lately! They are really at the age where they can play so nice together. Bryson is finally understanding "rules" of the games (which Jaden primarily creates;). Of course, this is not always the case and they have their disagreements too. They are both really into superheroes right now and often role-play. Bryson, especially, is obsessed with wearing his Superman cape everyday. He also loves his Superman shirt and would wear it everyday if I let him.

Here are a few pictures of them playing Hungry Hungry Hippo today in their matching p.j.'s:)



Here are the baskets by our front door with the circle labels.

The playroom baskets.


No comments: