Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bye bye binky, Hello big boy bed!

Bryson's been a binky boy from day 1 (1 week old).Jaden never cared anything about binky's so this was relatively new for me. I was always pretty strict that after 3 months (when the sucking reflex isn't quite as strong) that binky's were for nap/bedtime only. However, I did relax the binky rule once in awhile, but honestly I don't have a lot of pictures with Bryson and his binky especially his 1st year. Here he is on the boat with his binky, which was probably given to him because we wanted to try to get him to take a nap (10 months).
Bryson in Cannon Beach, this was also during his bedtime. We had a campfire on the beach and I gave him his binky so he wouldn't get fussy (10 months).
Binky fell out of his mouth but is right by his arm in this picture. Yes, he loved to sleep on his tummy and I let him;) He is 9 months old in this picture though.
Binky in the car occasionally too (12 months).
Binky on Easter morning (17 months)
I never thought I would let my child have a binky past the age of 2, but I did! Christmas-time last year on the way to our neighbors for dinner (2 years, 2 months)
He got to be a little more sneaky at age 2 and would go upstairs and get his binky out of his crib himself. Here he is on the couch (27 months).
Binky time right before playing in the snow (27 months)
This is a favorite picture of mine, showing Bryson with all of his lovies: binky, cozy-his all-time favorite blanket, and puppy (27 months).
Here's Bryson on his last day of using his crib (10/4)!
A few shots of his nursery before we changed it into his big boy room (these were all taken in October of 2006 right before Bryson was born although his nursery hadn't changed much since then).



Now some pictures of Bryson's big boy room and new boat bed (which is hard to see in these pictures but it does have a bow that opens and a trundle bed below it). I bought the boat bed, dresser and matching side table in like-new condition for a great deal on craigslist.
I got most of his bedding and flags at Land of Nod. The rest of the nautical decorations were either in his room already or I had them around my house.

His toy area.
Bryson's first night in his new bed, we told him now that he was a big boy with a big boy bed that he didn't need his binky anymore. He was great the first night!
Such a happy boy:)
He did cry for his binky a couple times after the first night and I have to admit that I gave in and gave it back to him a couple naps so that he would sleep. I finally stopped and there were about 3 days that he didn't nap (I was scared!) but he got used to sleeping without his binky and he doesn't even ask for it anymore. My baby's growing up. . .

3 comments:

Boyer Family In Seattle said...

I hope it goes this smoothly for us!!! Glad he is done:)We can get t-shirts made save the teeth!!

The Alexander's said...

YES, they grow up so fast!! Very cute bedroom! Good job Bryson for learning to sleep w/o your binky...I know mommy is proud!!

Anonymous said...

I was having major problems with my son's binky use; well actually it was more along the lines of a binky addiction!! My friend absolutely raved about the cut method, and all of the psychology behind it. She found it on www.bye-bye-binky.com , which is great that it was also free. We went with it and OMGosh... worked so beautifully for my son with NO tantrums, not even one! Thank you God. Five days later he did not want anything to do with his binky. What a relief it was to all of us to finally be done with those darn binkies. Highly recommended! I am also interested in others experiences.... Bella