Friday, December 30, 2011

induction on thursday

I went in for my weekly appointment with Dr. Cole, my OBGYN on Monday, January 24th after getting off of work.  She was worried as my blood pressure was slightly elevated (it was always very normal and within range before), and my feet were extremely swollen still (I hesitated to tell her how little rest I was getting as I was so busy trying to get the nursery finished).  She had me get some blood tests and then told me that most likely she wanted me to come in on Thursday, January 28th for an induction.  She would be working that day and she really wanted to be there for Landon's birth.  This was not something I expected to hear at this appointment and honestly made me sad.  I really wanted Landon to be born in February for several reasons:  1) Because that is what I always imagined he would be born in since the first due date I had was February 9th, but after the ultrasounds it changed to February 1st.  2) I had planned on finishing up my last week at work which would have been Friday the 28th (she wanted me to rest at home until I came in for the induction).  3) I wanted my baby to come when he was ready to be born, I didn't like "choosing" his date of birth (even though I didn't choose it, my Dr. did) and 4) I had never had an induction before and I was a little afraid of the unknown.  When the bloodtests came through and they called me later that afternoon they said that the bloodtests showed that I'm at some risk for preeclampsia and they scheduled me to come in on Thursday, January 27th at 9am for an induction.
The positive, of course, was that we could take care of childcare easily for Jaden and Bryson and not worry about what we would do if we had to leave in the middle of the night (although our family is very close so that wasn't a huge worry for us).  My doctor didn't want me to work for the rest of the week and instead rest until I came in for my induction so I called my boss and let her know.  I felt bad not really getting to say goodbye to my class but knew I would see them after Landon was born. 

We had to capture a few last belly shots before Landon arrived.


I cannot wait to rock my sweet little baby soon!

No comments: