Monday, June 14, 2010

Stripes in the Powder-Room

After I saw the transformation of this half bath on Young House Love, I was determined to do a similar paint treatment in our powder room. The room was already a tan/beige color, so I just found the original paint color and added some white to it to lighten it up for the stripes. I measured the height of the room and divided it by about how many stripes I wanted, then figured out how high each stripe would be and taped it off with frog tape.
To help with this process I cut a paint stick to the correct length and used it to measure around the room.
I painted every other stripe the lighter cream color. I think I did 2 coats.
Just after painting the 2nd coat, I started pulling off the frog tape while the paint was still wet. This made a very straight line with no paint bleeding through at all! Frog tape is my new BFF;) I painted stripes in Jaden's room when I was pregnant with Bryson and it was a PAIN to touch up because the blue painters tape did not create a sealed straight line like the frog tape did.
This room is really hard to photograph as there are no windows and it is off a dark hallway with no natural light. The stripes have really lightened it up and given a subtle yet sophisticated look to this powder room;)
I'll have to show some pictures after adding some accessories and new towels.
Bryson wanted to do some painting too!
J playing Lego's. I love summer with my boys home with me!

No comments: