Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Go to sleep"

Last night before going to bed, I went in to check on Bryson. He was sitting up in his crib so I picked him up and he asked if he could come into our bed. I brought him in to snuggle with Todd and I. I knew that it wouldn't work as he has a hard time sleeping with others (he just can't settle down). He wasn't rowdy, he just kept wiggling, whispering and touching our faces! Todd and I kept telling him to lay down and go to sleep. Then I decided to pretend to just be asleep.

Bryson: Mama. . .Mama. . . Hi Mama. . . I said HI MAMA!

Me: (relenting) Hi Bryson

Bryson: Go to sleep Mama!

Bryson: (a few seconds later) Mama. . . Mama. . . Mama. . . I love you Mama

Me: (because how could I resist???) I love you too Bryson

Bryson: Go to sleep Mama!

2 comments:

Ash said...

Awww. Those little devils. Get you every time.

(as far as lurking - girl, you know I'm totally cool with it!! It's my in laws. I just want them to know, that I know, you know? :-)

Goldfish said...

Your stories sound SO familiar! This is exactly what it was like trying to sleep with our now four-year-old. And, the hair gel? We have that conversation several times a week. :)